Experiencing digestive problems and altered bowel habits for more than 12 weeks? This could be IBS.
Though the actual cause of IBS is unknown, it is known to be triggered by abnormalities in your gastrointestinal system, which may cause either too strong or weak contractions, which may speed up or slow passage of food from the stomach to the rectum.
Common signs & symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome include:
- abdominal pain
- urinary frequency
- rectal bleeding
- weight loss
- food sensitivities
- heart burn
- altered bowel habits
- Be choosy about what you eat and drink, since the condition is primarily the result of food sensitivities and allergies. Identify the food triggers that contribute to the symptoms. Signs of IBS vary from one person to another, so your symptoms may be different from that of another person.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and sugary drinks, which affect metabolism.
- Monitor food combinations - Are you combining white foods with saturated fats? This combination takes as long as 2-3 hours for digestion. Examples include white sugar and dairy products.
- Chew food thoroughly and reduce intake of fluids with meals.
- Avoid all sources of gluten
- Introduce healthy bacteria, such as probiotics, and fiber in your diet. For e.g. organic flax seeds.
- Drink plenty of water at regular intervals to flush out toxins.
Post a Comment