This makes a delectable, savory snack that I would love to relish again as a healthy breakfast or evening snack.
1/2 cup- oat meal (powder)
1/2 cup- suji (unroasted - you may roast it)
3 tbsp- besan (optional - I included)
1/2 cup- curd
salt, red chilly powder, mustard seeds,
chana dal- 1/2 tsp
urad dal- 1/2 tsp
Baking soda- 1 fat pinch
curry leaves- a few
veggies of your choice- I included 1 carrot, 1 capsicum, handful of peas, green chilly
sesame seeds - 1 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
roasted flax powder (alsi)- 1 tsp (optional)
Water- little (to make thick idli type batter)
|oats suji handvo|
- Grind oats to powder.
- Mix oat powder, suji, besan, flax powder, and curd.
- Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- After half an hour, mix well with a spatula.
- Check batter consistency. Add little water, if required.
- Add vegetables, salt.
- Add baking soda and stir quickly.
- Take a nonstick pan.
- Add oil and spread it evenly on the pan.
- Drop hing, mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, and curry leaves. Let them splutter.
- Spread sesame seeds evenly.
- Roast for a few seconds.
- Spread the batter evenly.
- Cover & cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Then flip the side and cook for another 5-6 mins.
- Let it remain covered for a couple of minutes.
- Enjoy with chutney of your choice.