|tomato onion methi chutney|
This recipe uses onions and curry leaves as well. Give it a try to enjoy a unique blend of curry leaves and methi dana.
1 tbsp- oil
1/4 tsp- rai (black mustard)
2 pinches of hing
roasted methi dana
salt, pinch of sugar
- Dry roast methi dana. Grind it to powder upon cooling.
- Boil whole tomatoes and onions for 5-8 minutes.
- Take oil.
- Roast mustard seeds and hing.
- Then add onions. Fry for sometime until just browned.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook & cover for some time.
- Then add salt and sugar.
- Sprinkle roasted methi powder.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Enjoy onion tomato methi chutney with dosa, idli, or rice.
- Try tomato methi chutney that is adapted from Priya Shiva's recipe.