Ginger is an anti-inflammatory with several health-friendly properties. While in India, we use ginger extensively during winters in our meals, I decided to use it differently. I wanted to make sweet ginger chutney so started surfing the world wide web for recipe.
Then I came across this ginger jam or spicy ginger chutney recipe from Bhojanarecipes.com. I made slight variation to the original recipe.
Sweet Ginger Chutney Ingredients
1 cup -Fresh Ginger chopped
1/4 cup- Coriander seeds (sabut dhaniya)
1/4 cup- Cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp- Pepper (kali mirch)
2 tsp- Ajwain (carom seeds)
1 -Cardamom (elaichi)
2- Clove (laung)
2 tsp- Ghee (clarified butter)
Powdered jagerry (gur)- should be equal to the amount of the ground mixture
Salt- 1 tsp (depending on taste)
Spicy Ginger Chutney Procedure
- Cut ginger into small pieces.
- Take all ingredients except ghee, salt, and jaggery.
- Grind ginger, coriander seeds, jeera, pepper, ajwain, elaichi, laung.
- Take a pan.
- Put the ground mixture in a cup. We need equal amount of gur or jaggery.
- Add the ground spices and jaggery into the pan.
- Heat on a low flame.
- After 5 minutes, add ghee and salt.
- Fry and stir for 5-10 minutes.
- Your spicy ginger chutney is ready.
- Tastes good with rice.
- There are many other chutneys to be tried here.
|black chana hummus (chutney)|
|coconut chutney with curry leaves|
|roasted almond chutney|
|tomato lauki chutney|
|dry coconut chutney with garlic|
|tomato chutney with roasted fenugreek|
|Mixed fruit chutney jam|
|Sweet amla chutney|