I am a cookie lover. But I love biscuits as well. Now you must be wondering whether there is any difference between both. Well, to me cookies are the goodies we get in bakeries - these are little heavier than biscuits, which are light and flaky.
After having tried my hands at different combinations to make homemade whole wheat cookies, I have been curious enough to look for a biscuit recipe. Today, I was experimenting with homemade wheat-oatmeal for pizza base. I used little dough for pizza and thought of keeping the remaining dough overnight to bake a bread the next day.
But God had different plans. The pizza base I was able to bake was crunchy and of course, healthy. So I decided to try baking healthy oatmeal cookies no sugar puffs with the remaining dough. Sorry I was not able to click the pizza. But I do have a no maida, yeast free pizza recipe. Do give it a try.
|whole wheat oatmeal cookies without raisins|
Let's see if I can reach my goal of baking biscuits Marie style.
Fingers crossed. But I am not one to give up!
Without, further ado, let's get back to the healthy oatmeal cookies with wheat flour. The combination may come as a surprise for you, but it does give me the healthiest bakes I have ever had. Yes, I can boast about it. Yay!
Ingredients of Eggless Whole Wheat Oatmeal Cookies
1cup measures 175ml
1/2 cup- whole wheat flour
1/2 cup- oatmeal (or add whole wheat instead)
1/4-1/2 cup- curd (more or less depending on the dough - we do not need a soft dough like chapati, but it should not be too hard..it should be like pizza dough)
1 tsp- oil/ghee (I added 1 tsp, but you can add up to 2 tsp)
salt, sugar(depends on your taste buds.. ---1/4 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp sugar..)
1/2 tsp- baking powder
1/2 tsp- baking soda
Jeera, Red chilly powder
Jeera Biscuits Procedure
As you can see, this healthy oatmeal cookies with wheat recipe is a keeper. Try it any time at home, since it does not require any fancy ingredients. All ingredients used are easily available on your kitchen counter.
So let's proceed with the procedure to make healthy cookies my style:
- Sieve wheat flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix sugar and salt.
- Throw in jeera, red chilly powder.
- Add oil.
- Rub with hands. Does the flour give you an anxious bread crumb like look?
- Next add 1/4 cup curd. We want to collect the ingredients.
- Now add little more curd if the dough feels dry.
- It should not be sticky. It should be neither too soft nor too tight.
- Let the dough sit covered on the counter for 30 mts.
- Roll out like a chapati. Cut shapes and make holes with a fork.
- Preheat oven for 10 mts at 180 degrees.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy healthy oatmeal cookies with wheat flour or jeera biscuits, as I fondly call them. I can flaunt my recipe, since I have been eagerly looking for something like this for a long time. Happy me!
- Here is my take on savory besan crackers. Try them once and you will make these again and again.
- If you are looking for diet cookies recipe, click here.
Can't wait to try out these cookies..thanks for this lovely and healthy share Ravneet :)ReplyDelete
Your feedback is invaluable, Poonam. Thanks for stopping by!Delete
Hi.. can I add milk powder for sweetness instead of sugar ?ReplyDelete
Hello, well, you may use milk powder instead..though sugar was added to balance the saltiness...this was a pizza base that was turned into crackers...you may skip sugar completely or add milk powder...should not make too much of a difference.Delete
Can you tell us how thick to roll out I'm terms of inches or centimeters pleaseReplyDelete
Well, this should be double that of a chapati (1/4 inch should be perfect) for all cookies.Delete