|mango peda burfi|
Wondering how to cook oatmeal for breakfast or snacks? Here's a simple yet delectable oatmeal recipe that uses no oil or sugar but gives you a lip-smacking delight.
Still have doubts?
Well, let's see how to make this healthy oatmeal recipe.
Mango is the king of fruits. I love it, you love it, and we all are fond of this pulpy, tangy, sweet, luscious fruit. The only person I know who doesn't like mango is my SIL (strange but true - yea, everyone has a choice). Anyway, in continuation of my food experiments, this time I have come up with a stunner.
My last burfi got really good reviews from different food groups. On top of it, hubby loved it. This gave me the confidence to introduce the king of fruits to my sweets experimentation spree. I was unsure how my experiment with a strange combination of oats and mango would come up, but I am writing this note while enjoying one of the healthiest sweets on earth. Do not get me wrong here - of course, there are better sweets out there. But when it comes to making sweets at home with the healthiest of ingredients, I can say my mango peda will stand tall among the competition.
Serve these healthy pedas to your loved ones and surprise them with a healthy treat - yes, it can be addictive. So make a big batch.
Uffff ....enough of self-praise!
I have already made oats peda on a previous occasion. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try.
Let's come back to the recipe:
1 mango (pureed)
3 tbsp- oat meal
10 raisins (kishmish)
1 tsp -bhuna chana (optional) - to roll over pedas/ else you can use almond powder here or dry coconut powder or even roasted oatmeal
|mango peda with oatmeal recipe|
- Wash almonds and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Grind along with kishmish and elaichi.Set aside.
- Grind oats.
- Puree mango and keep aside. I chopped 1 mango and ran it in the grinder.
- Take a nonstick pan.
- Dry roast oatmeal/oat powder for 3-4 mts.
- Now add the ground almond-raisins mixture. Roast well for 2-3 mts.
- Next drop the mango puree into the pan. Mix everything well.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes a mass and gathers at the center of the pan.
- Make sure it loses most of its moisture.
- Roll into small lemon-sized mango pedas.
- This gave me 8 pedas.
- Roll the pedas over bhuna chana powder or roasted oatmeal or almond powder or dessicated coconut powder.
- Refrigerate for an hour and enjoy the healthiest of mango oats pedas out there.
- Like my papaya burfi, even these beauties with a subtle mango flavor can be addictive.
- Do give this healthy oatmeal recipe a try.
Here's some feedback on mango peda with oatmeal. This is your answer to the question: how to make oatmeal delicious.