|oats atta cookies|
Homemade cookies Ingredients
1/2 cup- oats
1/2 cup- wheat flour
1/2 cup- besan (gram flour)
1/2 cup- suji (semolina)
1/2 cup- almond powder
1 tsp- baking powder
4 tbsp- ghee/butter
3 tbsp- oil
3 tbsp- sugar powder (you may add more, depending on your taste..I take less sugar)
1 tbsp- curd (optional)
2 tbsp- milk (or more if the dough feels too dry)
4-5 elaichi (cardamom) pieces, 1 small cinnamon stick (dalchini)
Baking with whole grains Process
- Grind oats.
- Grind almonds.
- Sieve baking powder, wheat flour, gram flour, suji.
- Mix almond powder.
- Add sugar.
- Add ghee, oil, curd, milk, elaichi, and cinnamon.
- Put this mixture in a grinder. You may use your food processor...this will ensure instant mixing of ingredients...if you wish, you may mix the same with hands.
- Run the material in the processor for 2-3 minutes. This will ensure combining of the ingredients into dough.
- Take out the dough from the grinder.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 6 minutes.
- If the dough feels little dry, you may add 1 tsp of milk to combine everything well.
- Make small balls and press with palms.
- Give desired shapes.
- Bake for 16 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Cool on a cooling rack and enjoy with a hot cup of tea.
For more oats cookies recipes, click here.
Here's some feedback on oats cookies by Satinder Wadhwa aunty:
Post a Comment