|banana ice cream|
I love ice cream but try to avoid buying it outside, for the fear of adding calories. Who does not love creamy, butter ice cream? No one, I am sure.
I try to make it at home, with minimal sugar and cream.
Now I am presenting to you ice cream in a new avatar :)
This scoop uses just 2 ingredients - almond butter and chilled banana!
Now let's go to the recipe.
Before making this super quick ice cream, we will need to make almond butter.
|banana ice cream|
|feedback on 2-ingredient nana ice cream|
Oil- 1/4 tsp (or I added a few drops)
Cinnamon powder, elaichi (green cardamom) - you may increase the types of spices as per your choice
- It's super easy to churn out almond butter. Since I was making it for the first time, I took just a few almonds. You may increase the amount of almonds, as per the desired amount.
- Dry roast almonds for a few minutes. Keep stirring so that you do not end up burning them too much.
- Next let them cool down.
- Then take a grinder and grind roasted almonds along with cinnamon and elaichi.
- Once almonds are powdered, add oil and give it more churns in the grinder.
- Be patient enough to keep grinding the stuff, as this will take a few minutes.
- Keep churning until you get a greased almond butter :) That's it!!
- I tasted it at this moment, and it was yum!! Control the temptation to taste it; else, you will be left with no almond butter.
Now let's make banana-almond butter scoop/ice cream. For that, you will need chilled bananas. Since I was making a small amount, I took just one banana.
|banana almond butter ice cream|
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp almond butter (add more to increase the buttery/creamy taste)
Honey as per your taste...I added just a couple of drops
- Slice banana into small pieces. Keep them in zip lock bags in a freezer. I kept the banana as a whole. But better to peel off the skin, cut into pieces and then freeze. You will get a better texture for your ice cream.
- Run the chilled banana pieces into the food processor.
- When you get the creamy texture, add almond butter & honey and run the grinder again until you get the silky smooth texture.
- Garnish with almond flakes. Chill if you want.
- I kept it in freezer for 3-4 hours.
- Enjoy healthiest banana ice cream.