Heard of hummus?
Desi hummus is delicious and a power-packed dip that you would love to savor with idlis, dosas, or just about anything. I have never tried hummus before. Rather, I heard about it just last year.
Finally, I gave it a try a few days back when I had soaked & boiled a good amount of black chickpeas. I was making idlis,so decided to make chutney with kala chana.
Did the recipe disappoint?
Na, had it been a disappointment, I would not be sharing the same with you!
Voila! It's a simple recipe that will certainly satiate your hunger cravings and tempt your taste buds.
I have not checked original desi hummus recipe. This is completely my first attempt at making something like hummus with black chickpeas.
Black Chickpea Hummus/Dip/Chutney
The name says it all. This finger-licking blend of protein-packed black chickpeas or kala chana will soon become your favorite. Savor it with idli, rice, or toast.
|black chickpea hummus|
1/2 cup-soaked overnight and boiled kala chana (black chickpea/gram)
2 tbsp- hung curd
1- green chilly
Pinch of sugar
- Soak kala chana overnight.
- Boil it with black salt the next day.
- Grind kala chana along with ginger and green chilly.
- Add hung curd, salt, and sugar.
- Enjoy as a dip, hummus, or chutney with idlis or anything you want.
- We enjoyed it in combination with daliya idlis, tomato roasted methi chutney, and roasted coconut garlic chutney.
- I have tried 3 types of daliya idlis - one with daliya-suji, another with daliya-oats, and third one with overnight fermented daliya.