Simple, sumptuous, yet filling, palak dal Punjabi style is a bowl full of health. I have enjoyed this blend of spinach and lentils during childhood, but never had the curiosity to learn. But those days are long gone; now I am eager to learn and unlearn things that add value to my life and profile.
Yes, I want to learn healthiest ways of cooking food, for I am a health freak.
This dal palak recipe was made on demand - mom made it one day and then next time, I was curious enough to learn how to make this simple yet scrumptious blend of lentils and spinach.
Let's see how mom makes it:
Palak Chana Dal Ingredients
1/4 cup- chana dal
1/4 moong dal (yellow lentils)
1 bunch of palak (spinach)
1 tbsp or more - ginger
8-10 garlic cloves
1 tbsp ghee
1 green chilly or more
Palak Moong Dal Procedure
- Wash spinach thoroughly and keep it aside.
- Next wash both dals and soak them for half an hour.
- Mix spinach, dals, salt, haldi, garlic, ginger and add enough water to soak everything. We do not want dal palak to be too runny. It will be a thick gravy.
- Pressure cook for 5-6 whistles. Let the mixture cool down.
- Blend everything in a processor.
- Take oil/ghee in a pan.
- Add green chilly and chopped onions and keep stirring until they turn little brownish.
- Add dal palak and mix.
- Check for salt. Let it cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Enjoy with fulka/roti/Indian flat bread.
Thank you dear :)Delete