After having tried, eggless oats-wheat cookies and cornflakes-wheat cookies, this time I combined all three. The result I got was good - but I would still love to make cornflakes wheat cookies again, which have that extra crunchiness. The addition of oats does make the cookies on the softer side.
Nevertheless, these are a healthier option for those looking to add home-made cookies to their list of healthy baking!
Let's check the recipe below.
Oats- 1 cup (if you want more crunchiness, you may reduce the amount of oats)
Cornflakes- 1 cup
Wheat flour- 1 cup
Sugar- 2 1/2 tbsp (add as per taste & preference)
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder- 1/2 tsp
Yogurt/curd - 3 tbsp
Milk- 1 tbsp
Butter/ghee- 1/4 cup
Baking soda 1/2 tsp +1 tsp lemon juice (you may skip and add 1 tsp baking powder instead)
- Crush corn flakes. I crushed with hands. This ensures cookies remain crispy.
- Mix wheat flour, oats, and cornflakes.
- In a separate bowl, add ghee, sugar, green cardamom, cinnamon powder, and yogurt. Use a whisker to whisk so that the mixture gets light & fluffy. Again, I did it with hands only.
- Mix baking soda and lemon juice in a separate vessel (spoon). Immediately add it to the ghee-sugar mixture.
- Mix the ghee-sugar mixture with wheat-cornflakes-oats.
- Since we are adding little ghee, the dough would be little on the dried side.
- Add milk. If you need to add more milk, you may add 1 tbsp more to make a soft dough. Do not knead, else cookies will turn out hard.
- Make a log or gather the dough and place it in a butter paper or aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. (I kept it in fridge overnight and made cookies the next day).
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 mins.
- Take out the log and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees.
- Enjoy eggless oats-cornflakes cookies, bursting with cinnamon & cardamom flavors and loaded with the goodness of oats and cornflakes.
Post a Comment