To me, diet food or diet snack is simple, easy, and healthy. When it comes to making health food, this unique blend of ingredients comes in handy. You would not stop at eating the mixture that contains poha, murmure, roasted almonds, sprinkled with chaat masala and tempered with carom seeds, with the flavor of curry leaves just enough to tinkle your taste buds.
Make this easy diet snack for Diwali and serve it to your guests. You are ready to receive compliments.
Did I say this makes a great Diwali gift or for that matter a good presentation to a foodie friend or a health freak?
No, this may not be counted as diet snack for weight loss, but it certainly can satiate your cravings when you experience hunger pangs.
Yes, this may qualify as a low-carb snack - a healthy snack for those on diet.
If you are looking for healthy evening snacks or for that matter best healthy snacks for work, this dry roasted mixture is for you.
1 cup- Rice flakes
2 cups- Murmure (puffed rice)
1/2 cup- Roasted black gram (bhuna chana) - you may add peanuts, groundnuts, or almonds
Salt as per taste
Chaat masala (or sugar - 1/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp-Carom seeds (ajwain)
1 tsp - oil
Curry leaves -10-15
Mixture of your choice (optional)
- Dry roast rice flakes.
- Dry roast puffed rice separately so that you get the crunchiness.
- Keep both aside.
- Roast peanuts, groundnuts, almonds, black gram.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan.
- Add oil.
- Next, add ajwain.
- Add salt, haldi, and chaat masala. If you are using sugar instead of chaat masala, add it now.
- Add curry leaves.
- Now add cornflakes and roast for a minute.
- Mix rice flakes and puffed rice with cornflakes mixture.
- Add mixture or bhujia of your choice.
- Stir well & enjoy this diet snack.