An eggless wheat cake with dates makes a healthier bake. Isn't it? I always try to bake healthy. Perhaps you, too, are looking for a healthy eggless cake, which is ready in a jiffy and is no fuss. Well, this eggless dates cake may fit in. Sumptuous and healthy, the carrot cake uses whole grains.
|atta cake with dates
Dates is a good source of dietary fiber and makes an excellent alternative to sugar. If you are trying to bake a healthy cake, then better to skip sugar and add dates instead.
Secondly, the cake with dates uses carrot. It's a good idea to include this winter vegetable in your bakes, for it can add color and taste to the recipe.
Coconut adds a layer of flavor to this healthy cake with carrot and dates.
On top of it, this moist cake uses no maida or white flour, which only adds empty calories to your body, without any additional benefit.
So why would you want to add it to your recipes?
Not me at least! Never!
|eggless dates cake
Atta Cake Ingredients
|eggless cake with carrot
|dates cake eggless no sugar
1 cup- wheat flour
15 dates (you may add more if you like it sweeter)
1/4 cup- suji (semolina)
1/2 cup- curd/yogurt
1/2 cup - milk
1 tsp- baking soda +1 tsp lime juice or vinegar/apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp- olive oil or any other vegetable oil +1/2 tsp more
2 tbsp- fresh coconut
2 tbsp- oatmeal/ whole wheat
Walnuts or other nuts of your choice
Fennel seeds (saunf)
How to make eggless cake with dates, carrot
- Keep a cooker with 1 packet salt and stand on low flame. Cover with the cooker lid. Remove the whistle. If you are baking in a microwave or oven, preheat it for 10 mts at 180 degrees.
- Grate carrot and add to a pan. Drop dates to the pan.
- Add water and keep for boiling.
- Let them boil for 8-10 mts.
- Strain the water and keep aside.
- Let them cool.
- Add milk, yogurt/curd/ and 3 tsp oil to the dates and carrot mixture.
- Use a blender or whisker to mix everything together.
- Add the spices - nutmeg, saunf, cardamom.
- Sieve wheat flour, suji, and baking soda. You may add baking powder as well. If you choose to add baking powder, reduce baking soda to 1/2 tsp and add 3/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Add nuts & raisins.
- Keep aside.
- In another bowl, add coconut, oatmeal. and 2 pinches of baking soda. Add 1/2 tsp of oil to 1/4 tsp of sugar powder. Whisk and mix with 2 tbsp of water. Mix and add 1/4 tsp of vinegar or lime juice. You may add more sugar if you want.
- Mix wet & dry ingredients - do not add the coconut-oatmeal mixture here. It would be like a sticky dough.
- Grease a baking pan and place a bowl in the middle. Pour one layer of the dates mixture around the bowl at the bottom. Then add a strip of the white coconut-oatmeal mixture. Again follow up with the dates mixture and pour the remaining white mixture.
- Keep inside the cooker stand.
- Heat on a high flame for 5 minutes.
- Then slow down the flame.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Or bake at 180 degrees for 25-30 mts in convection mode of microwave. Oven settings may vary. So you know your microwave/oven better.
- Enjoy this healthy wheat dates cake.
You may want to try suji dates coconut cake. Check the recipe here.
|mango suji cake
|steamed biscuit cake