|oats gajjar idli|
Healthy Oats Gajjar Idli
1 cup- Oats
1 cup -Suji
1 cup- Curd
1/2 cup -Water (check the batter consistency - should not be too flowy, rather should be of dropping consistency)
Salt- as per taste
1 Carrot- grated/ground
Mustard seeds (rai)- 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves (kadi pata)
Chana dal - 2 pinches (optional)
Urad dal- 2 pinches (optional)
Baking soda- 2 fat inches
|oats suji idli|
- Grind oats. Keep aside.
- Take a pan.
- Add oil.
- Crackle mustard seeds. Add curry leaves.
- Next add chana dal and urad dal. Let them splutter.
- Add suji. Roast for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add oat powder. Fry for 2 mins.
- Let it cool down for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix with grated carrot.
- Take a bowl.
- Mix oats-suji with curd.
- Now add enough water to reach dropping consistency.
- Add baking soda. Stir immediately.
- Grease idli molds and pour the batter in each well.
- Steam for 10 minutes (may take longer..keep checking)
- Your tasty, healthy oats gajjar idlis are ready.
- Enjoy with sambar or coconut-dal chutney.
- For chutney recipe, click here.
Here's another idli recipe without rice from the group that I have tried:
The recipe credit for this ragi oats idli goes to Prabha S.
Post a Comment