|oatmeal sweet peda|
I am in love with oats. I try including oatmeal in a majority of my recipes, since they add to my health quotient.
Rich in dietary fiber, oats are just another name for superfood. You can experiment with this healthy cereal grain to dish out deliciousness!!
Yes, it is such a versatile ingredient that you can make healthy recipes with oatmeal, from snacks to savories, from crackers to cookies, from traditional classics to contemporary fusion foods,from sweets to desserts, and virtually anything.
If you think how oatmeal recipes would taste, rest assured about the taste - delicious in every sense, healthy in every way and quick to dish out.
What more do you need?
Recipes with oatmeal are my favorite food experiments these days. What about you? Do share your oatmeal experiments.
Today, I have tried a healthy sweet with oatmeal. This delectable blend of milk solids and oats is just perfect to tinkle your taste buds. Did I say it makes a perfect diwali sweet?
You may even pack this healthy recipe as a diwali gift for friends? Wow! What an idea!
You have savored Mathura pedas and also relished other pedas. Now it's time to try oatmeal pedas guilt free. This is the marriage of taste & health - any takers?
Here is a recap on oatmeal benefits:
Here are more than 50 healthy recipes using oatmeal.
1 cup powdered oats
1/4-1/2 cup- ghee leftover/ khoya/ (khurchan)
Powdered sugar (as per taste)
Healthy Recipe With Oatmeal Procedure
- To begin with we need to make clarified butter from cream. Typically we collect cream from skimmed milk after boiling in a container for a week and then extract ghee or clarified butter from it.
- Take a big vessel. Grease it with oil and then pour the cream into it. Cook on a low flame while stirring intermittently. It will take time & effort and you have got to be patient. Nevertheless, it's well worth the efforts. When you get the thin layer of oil separating from the solids, sieve it and keep aside.
- Then add water to the solids and heat again on a slow flame. Again, you will separate oil from solids. Do this 2-3 times or if you are okay with little amount of clarified butter in the recipe, you may stop here and use these solids for pedas.
- Ideally I try to add more and more water to the ghee leftover to remove most of its ghee content. I add water to the leftover solids and churn out little ghee and then again add more water when the milk solids are dry. I follow this process 3-4 times.LOL
- When you are left with this ghee leftover, mix the same with oats and run in a food processor. I used my grinder.
- Add sugar or gur and green cardamom and run the grinder again.
- Take out in a bowl and make cute little balls. If you add less amount of oat powder or do not add oats to this, you will get perfect pedas, just like those that you savor in Mathura :) I have made pedas with paneer. Check here.
- Enjoy healthy oats pedas.
If you love oatmeal recipes, you will find more than 50 successful experiments here.