But cakes or any bakes aren't the healthiest food choices.
Nevertheless, it is always better to bake eggless atta cakes at home and that too using the healthiest of ingredients for guilt-free snacking.
This time I wanted to bake a wheat cake for a double delight, since I was craving for biscottis - the double baked beauties.
So I started with my baking experimentation, taking no recipe as my reference. Glad, I was able to do so successfully.
Here I come with an eggless atta cake and cake rusk no egg.
|biscotti/eggless wheat cake rusk|
1 cup- multi-grain flour (or you may take whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup-milk powder
1/4 cup-cornmeal (makki atta - optional)
3 tbsp- oil
2 tbsp- butter/ghee
1/4 cup- condensed milk (optional - you may take milk instead)
3/4 cup- curd
1 tsp- baking powder
1/2 tsp- baking soda
Pistachio and nuts - powdered or chopped as per your desire
4-5 tbsp sugar (as per your taste)
cardamom and cinnamon
Whole grain cake rusk Procedure
|eggless cake rusk|
- Preheat oven (mw convection) at 180 degrees for 10 mts.
- Sieve wheat, cornmeal, milk powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix curd, sugar, oil, butter until light and fluffy.
- Add chopped nuts to the dough.
- Add powdered cardamom and cinnamon.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients slowly. Do not overdo.
- It will be a sticky loose dough - we are not making batter here.
- Bake in a greased pan at 180 degrees for 25-30 mts.
- It's your wish whether you want to enjoy the cake or bake them further for a double delight.
- I chose to go the double baking route to bake wheat biscottis, which make my favorite tea-time accompaniment, besides cookies.
- Let the cake cool down.
- Cut into thin slices and bake for 12 mts at 160 degrees.
- Flip the slides and bake for 12 mts at the same temperature.
- Place the wheat cake rusks on a cooling rack and enjoy with a hot cuppa tea.
Here are my other cake rusk recipes.
|eggless mango cake with semolina flour|
Looking for eggless, sugarless whole wheat cake with banana?
Here's another butterless cake with almond butter.